Saturday, December 8, 2012

Aloe vera juice for dry, damaged hair

I got my hair dyed up to my ears purple last week because I finished school and now I can do whatever the hell I want with my hair! So my ends are quite dry and damaged and I've been looking for non-silicon ways of hydrating my hair since my hair doesn't respond well to silicon.


I started using aloe vera juice on my hair a few days ago. I put it in a spray bottle and spray my ends with it whenever they're looking dry. It's especially good if I get my ends quite wet with it and let it dry naturally or if I got to bed with it in. It's made my hair much shinier and more hydrated than it was before and I think with continued use it will repair the damage.

I also like aloe vera juice for my face, its very calming and cooling. It's also good to spray on after mineral foundation to make it look less powdery, melt into the skin and look dewy.

I've also been enjoying using jojoba oil on my hair as it's so moisturising and soaks in easily. I use a few drops, warmed between my hands, and smoothed over the ends and the rest towards the roots.


The downsides of aloe vera juice are that it only seems to come in giant bottles and it only lasts 3 months after you open it. Also, you're supposed to refrigerate it, but I assumed that was for if you were going to consumer it, I think it should be fine on the face and especially the face unrefrigerated.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment