Saturday, February 16, 2013

Air-O-Swiss 7146 Travel Ultrasonic humidifier review



I recently bought the Air-O-Swiss Travel humidifier from Amazon and have been enjoying it heaps, so I thought I'd write a review.

General use
I'm not sure this would be good for two people in a room, but it works just fine for one. I point it at my face and turn it on about medium, it lasts a surprisingly long amount of time for it's size, probably around 4 hours, even longer if it was turned down to a lower setting. A lot of water vapour comes out of it even at the lowest setting, enough that I can still see it when it hits my face about 20cms away. Already I can feel the benefits, my sinuses aren't acting up as they often do and the cold I had is going much quicker than usual, my skin is plumper and needs less moisturiser.

Travel ability
I'd imagine this would be very good for travel, nearly all hotels have power outlets right by the beds, so it would be easy to set it up on the bedside table and point it at your face.

It's very compact, not even as big as the 500ml water bottle that you need to use it, so I'd imagine it would pack very easily, plus it looks pretty cute. Especially since you can buy a water bottle once you get to your destination.

I don't think it would work too well during a flight, although it's very compact, you would still need to have your tray table out the whole time you use it, plus you need power which I've found to be a bit unreliable on long flights.

Cons
One thing I don't like about this is that when it's in use the spout that the vapour comes out of is lit blue, I'm not sure if you can turn the light off, but it makes it hard to sleep with it on since I need total darkness.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment