Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Attention all self conscious girls (and boys)

Stop: Putting yourself down whenever you look in the mirror, it just brings your self esteem down more. Instead: Think positive things whenever you see your reflection, my personal favourites are "Damn you're fine!" It may sound stupid, but it works and it's quite fun.

Stop: Telling your friends about how fat and unattractive you are, it pisses them off when you say, "Ugh I'm so fat." and then they say, "Girl watchu talkin' 'bout, you is fabulous" and then you say, "No I'm not/shut up/moody glare". So stop it. Instead: Take a damn compliment and then think about it when you go to sleep at night and think "______ is such a lovely person, I love her" and then send her a lovely text for her to see in the morning. And then realise that people don't give other people compliments for nothing, no one's forcing them.

Stop: Thinking you're ugly and/or fat. Instead: Do the above and also stop comparing yourself with everyone else, I can assure you that there is at least one person you know that thinks you are damn fine, and I'm sure of this because I think all of my friends are damn fine and I have a fair few friends, so you can't beat those odds.

If the above doesn't work (and it may take a little while) and you're still woefully unhappy with something about yourself, do something about. Eg. Unhappy with your skin - change your skincare regime, wear makeup if you want. Unhappy with your weight - eat healthier, exercise, etc. I know that's harder said than done, but if you're really unhappy then it'll be worth it. Don't feel pretty when you go out with friends - change your clothing style, there are so many styles out there that one of them is sure to flatter you. Even just changing your hairstyle can change how your face looks.

Rant over.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment