Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Look at all my lip tints!

So I got my Lush UK order yesterday, feels like I've been waiting forever, but really it's been like 8/9 ish days with the cheaper postage option, so heads up to people in Australia wanting to order from Lush UK, the cheaper postage doesn't take that much longer than the way more expensive one, I usually get my products within a week with the expensive one, so it's really only a couple of days with like $20 difference.

I ordered several(5) lip tints: Double Choc, Celebrate, Latte, Chilli Tingle and Snow Fairy.

Now check out my collection! I much prefer lip tints over lip sticks or lip glosses, I think they look for natural, last longer without moving and are funner to use because they're generally multi use. Other than Lush tints/balms, I also really like the benefit liquid ones, eg. Benetint, Posietint and the new Chachatint, which I am excited to try.

These are the new ones from the Christmas line closer up.
Chilli Tingle
A very orange coral colour, applies quite vibrantly, similar to It Started With A Kiss in pigmentation, if you've tried it. Like most of Lush's lip tints, it's not quite as opaque as a lipstick, though they are always very surprisingly bright and can be layered to a fairly full lipstick effect, but if you're applying it in the car, which I often do, then it's a very easy application and not too full on, which I like.

Pretty sure that sentence made no sense and was very run-on-y, but hopefully you get the picture
- They're very pigmented
- Have a different affect to lipstick
- Can be as opaque as lipstick, but also very sheer, if you want

Latte
Copper, bronze, maybe a little milky coffee coloured lip tint, it goes on quite pearly, it's kind of like an orange oxidey colour. Looks good with dark eyeshadows as it's also a bit nude and less bright than the more red/pink toned ones. Also, it smells like a mochachino. Yum.

Celebrate
Light pink with goldish pearly shimmery-ness. It smells like champagne! Goes on quite opaque, but because it's a balm, rather than a stain, it can slip around, and also because it's a light colour it can quite easily move from the sides and just be in the middle of the lips, which isn't a good look. Ao this just needs to be touched up sometimes, or you can smack your lips to keep it even and have a mirror handy.
Also when you first open it, it has popping candy on top, because of the champagne smell, which can be a little annoying to get it all off because some stay embedded and then you get popping candy on your lips, but then you can lick them off, so it's all good.

Here are swatches of all of mine (not Honey Trap because it's clear). One swipe of each, not layered.
Left to right of the first line: It Started With a Kiss, Double Choc
Left to right of the second line: Snow Fairy (Snow Fairy is a lot less pigmented this year...weird), Latte, Celebrate, Chilli Tingle

And this is my dog, he's sad because I don't have any more toast for him to eat.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great swatches. This is very helpful, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete