Wednesday, October 12, 2011

People's strange aversion to things

I do not understand people at all.


I thoroughly enjoy Vanilla Coke, I drank it as a youngin' and then it wasn't (appeared is if it wasn't, who knows) around for a while and now suddenly lots of places have it and I'm all excited, I love that stuff, reminds me of my childhood and such (even though I'm not that far from my childhood times anyway. Whatevs. WHATEVS), but apparently people don't like Vanilla Coke and they think it is weird for me to drink it and it's not even that they don't like it, it is like an aversion, like they think I am seriously strange for even considering ordering it.

People are so confusing. Not sure what their deals are, Vanilla Coke is da bomb. It is legit good. Maybe I have weird taste buds...actually I think that I do. Probably to do with my upbringing, vegetarian, gluten intolerant mother, you tend to try some weird foods. Also I'm really interested in Japanese culture and language, so that could indicate something too.

So anyway, I think I have weird tastebuds because my number one favourite foods are inari and tofu sushi (but only from a specific shop). I friggin' love tofu and a lot of people think that tofu is weird/gross and they have such an aversion to it that even when they try the deliciousness that is inari, they will still not like it because they so can't even imagine liking it, which is kind of impossible because it's so damn delicious.


I kind of get it though, for people not raised by a vegetarian, it has a weird texture, taste, smell, kind of everything actually, but it's so good!

People that have never eaten inari before or think that they won't/don't like it, you must try it again, but don't think of it as tofu, because it is so different to what people associate the word "tofu" with. It's sweet, fried, has rice in the middle, just damn delicious in general.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment