Monday, June 18, 2012

Blogging at 40,000 meters high

Just chilling in business class with my cushy seat and warm mixed nuts, you know how I be.


Also, there's Internet up here...I didn't even know that was a thing. It's exciting though!

Since I'm going to be up here for another four hours, I figured I'd blog about things I wish I had/hadn't brought with me on this flight.

Shouldn't have brought
General stuff
- two books and an iPad. I really only needed the iPad because I can buy the books on iBooks and not have huge books filling up my carry on
- Three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender and little else in terms of tv shows. I love that show, but did I really think that I could watch it for 24 hours straight?

Toiletries
- Toothbrush and toothpaste. Business class = free teeth products
- Hand cream. Same reason as above

Should have brought
General stuff
- True Blood Definitely Dead and All Together Dead (on iPad). For some reason, I decided to bring the most recent True Blood book that I've read to and then skip two books and bring the two after that. What is wrong with me?

Toiletries
- Jojoba oil. I sacrificed my 15ml bottle of jojoba oil in my one quart bag for hand sanitizer, I'm wishing I had chucked my little container of Yes To Carrots night cream as I don't think my skin likes it
- Band-aids. I brought a few, thinking I would just need to put them on my heels, but my feet swelled and made my usually comfortable, slightly rubbing, ballet flats become very uncomfortable
- A compact mirror. Would have come in handy when applying all of my skincare products at my seat
- Deodorant. One of those things that I always forget about, but is quite important

Very glad that I brought
- Small spray bottle of rose water. Super lovely and refreshing when I'm feeling gross on a plane. Also provides a way of taking off whatever previous moisturising products I had already applied
- Shea butter. I use shea butter as a nighttime eye cream and a lip balm. Shea butter is super moisturising and calming, so it's great for when my skin gets really dry from the plane air
- Moisturiser. obvious reasons
- Eye drops. This managed to keep me awake when it was 5am Brisbane time and only 7pm Rome time, and stopped my eyes from getting too dry and red
- Hand sanitizer. A must have for the bacteria conscious traveller. I used hand sanitizer whenever I wanted to apply a new product, eat anything, etc. and I'm hoping that it's safe-guarded me against getting sick or irritating my skin
- A comb and hair ties. A must have for stop-over showers. I hate shower caps, I always shower with my hair in a bun if I don't want to get it wet


Dayumn, I just realised that I'm going to be in Rome in two hours. Weird.
(yep, it took me two hours to write this, people kept on giving me food and distracting me)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment