Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I feel like I've been awake for a million years

Oh my god, guys, I'm so jet lagged. It's not terrible, I'm only about 3 or 4 hours behind, but it's 6:15pm and I really want to go to sleep. Alas, I have to go to dinner in 45mins and also I'm not an old lady, so my bedtime shouldn't be 6:15pm.

I'm trying to keep myself awake mentally and physically. I've been reading a bunch of articles on keeping yourself awake, most are completely unhelpful as I want something to keep me awake now, not what I should have done a few hours ago. Also, how is having a nap keeping you awake??

So far, what's worked for me is:
- spraying myself in the face with cold water (I've been using La Roche Posay spring water aerosol)
- eye drops - the ones marketed as "refreshing" work the best, but also make my eyes red and make me feel like I've pepper sprayed myself
- listening to loud techno music
- blogging - keeps the mind working to avoid the "fuzzy state"
- keeping the air conditioning at arctic levels
- drinking lots and lots of cold water
- keeping myself busy - doing my makeup, blogging, emailing, looking up how to stay awake web pages, etc.
- peppermint essential oil - put that Stuff everywhere

Seems like the key to staying awake are cold and wet things. Awesome.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment