Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flying long distances – What I take in my checked luggage – Toiletries

As I said in my last post, I will be flying to Rome in a week and am quite excited. This post will be all about the precautions I take to ensure that my toiletries do not leak or if they do they are contained and the kinds of toiletries and makeup that I bring with me on longer trips (I’ll be going for three weeks, going to Rome, Milan, Florence and London)

Rome, Milan and Florence
In Rome last year it was really humid and really hot, at the moment, it’s looking like it’s going to be quite cold, disappointing, I was hoping I could skip Australia’s winter again. Since I’m not sure if it will be cold or hot, I’m bringing some things that work all round or can be ditched depending on temperature.

So things that work in cold weather would be more moisturising foundations, moisturising lotions, coconut oil for my hair, honey for face masks, etc.

Things that will be good for warm weather are things such as tinted moisturisers or mineral foundation, green clay powder for masks, lighter moisturizers, facial mists, sweat proof cheek tints, etc.

I will be bringing a combination of both and various products that I can use smaller/larger amounts of depending on the weather.

London
I’m expecting London to be rainy and somewhat cold, it seems like it’s pretty similar to when I went last year, so I will be bringing waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner, long wearing eye shadows and multiples of my makeup brushes (cold, rainy weather means they will take longer to dry after I wash them).

General packing tips
I will be putting all of my clothes in packing cubes and then in a dry sack (waterproof sack) to protect them from weather and incase my products explode in my bag. I will also be putting my toiletries in a dry sack because I figured that something that keeps liquids out should be able to keep liquids in. I’m not sure how they’ll cope with the air pressure of the luggage area…but I’ve never heard any horror stories of those vacuum-sealed bags bursting in luggage, so I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I’ll also be putting each product in a new smaller sized travel container, as those containers are made to not leak, and then will put them in individual Ziplock bags.

What I’m bringing:
Hair products
- 1.25” ISO curling iron
- Redken Real Control Thermal Resist spray
- 30ml Moroccan oil treatment
- Lush Big shampoo
- Lush American Cream conditioner
- 30ml coconut oil

Skincare
- 20ml Lush Ultrabland
- 250ml Bioderma Crealine H20
- 30ml Perfect Potion Moisture Base
- 30ml jojoba oil
- 30ml green clay powder
- 30ml manuka honey
- 15ml rose oil

Makeup (powder and creams thick enough that they won’t leak makeup products will be stored in socks and then inside my shoes)
- Lily Lolo mineral foundation in Blondie
- Korres tinted moisturiser
- Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit in Warm Ivory/Pale Yellow Powder
- MAC Studio Sculpt concealer in NC20
- Mattify power
- Benefit Benetint and Posietint
- MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner in Blacktrack
- Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Lancome Doll Eyes Waterproof mascara
- MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist and Painterly
Brushes – which will be stored in a Sigma Brush Cup Holder
- Sigma Precision Angled P84 brush x2
- Sigma Tapered Blending E40 brush x2
- Sigma Large Angled Contour F40 brush
- Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki F80 brush
- Sigma Angled Top Kabuki F86 brush
Sigma Large Powder F30 brush
- Real Techniques Shading Brush x2
- MAC 252 Large Shader brush x2
- MAC 217 Blending brush x2
- MAC 212 Flat Definer brush
- Eco Tools Slanted Eyeliner brush


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment