Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Would it be weird if I asked room service to bring me up a bunch of lemons?

So I'm in Rome, you guys! Had a bit of a rough start. Note to self: drinking whilst jet lagged is not a good idea.

I ordered my first mixed drink at a bar! I wanted a vodka pink lemonade, but apparently pink lemonade doesn't exist in Italy, so I had vodka, cranberry juice and lemonade...it was a bit odd when I was looking forward to the unnatural sweetness of red cordial and lemonade, but it was nice. I want to try a cosmopolitan next.

I'm considering asking room service to bring me some lemons. I caught some sort of illness whilst on the plane and now my throat hurts, but I, stupidly, didn't bring lemon essential oil with me, so I'll have to treat it the old fashioned way, by drinking very lemony water.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that fruit is just better in Australia. Everywhere overseas we've been so far has had subpar fruit. Our fruit is the best, end of story.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment