Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Flying long distances – What I take in my carry on luggage

Assuming you're checking some luggage and not just taking carry on. This is more so for longer trips, what to bring for the plane itself.

I'm flying to Italy in a week, quite excited and nervous. Especially because I have a constant fear of the airport people losing my luggage and thus losing my mass amounts of makeup and beloved skin care products.

Because of my fear of losing my products, I go to drastic measures to make sure that I would have them for however long it would take them to find my luggage. So I bring around a weeks worth of products with me on the plane.

My 1 quart bag will contain something like this:
- 30ml Bioderma Créaline/Sensibio H20 (review coming soon) - makeup remover and cleanser. I like this because you don’t need to wash it off, so it’s good for cleansing on a flight when there’s not a lot of water available
- 20ml Perfect Potion Moisture Base - my everyday moisturiser
- 15ml jojoba oil - also used as a moisturiser
- 50ml aloe vera gel - very moisturising and good for when my skin's irritated
- 10ml shea butter - I use this as a lip balm and nighttime eye cream. It’s also really good for any irritation I get on my skin
- Three samples of hand cream
- 10ml Yes to Carrots Nourishing Reparative Night Cream (also review coming soon) – lovin’ this night cream, feels really lovely to apply and not much is needed, super moisturising.
- 15ml Perfect Potion Herbal Renewal Eye Cream
- 15ml Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster
- 10ml Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream – Really moisturising treatment, I use it for my lips or any irritated and dry bits on my skin.
- 20ml Lush Snow Fairy shower gel – super sweet scent, very satisfying for washing off all the plane funk

My non-liquid items will be:
- A few Lush toothy tabs – great dry alternative to toothpaste that’s not messy like tooth powder
- A change of clothes – I wear leggings and a t-shirt onto the plane (I know, leggings aren’t pants, but my God they’re comfy for a plane ride), and then bring jeans and another shirt for when I shower during the lay over
- iPad, books, things to do, etc. – also a charger for my iPad because they have power outlets on the flight I’m taking and it would be really annoying to have to go and buy one if they lose my luggage
- Lush Soak and Float solid shampoo and Jungle solid conditioner
- A comb, hair ties and such
- And I’ll buy some gum at the airport for takeoff and landing

I’ve been very tempted to bring my new curling iron with me in my carry on, I love it so much and I don’t want to lose it! I doubt they’ll lose my luggage (I will be taking precautionary measures such as printing out my itinerary and putting it in the first pocket of my suitcase), but I’m still anxious.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment