Friday, August 24, 2012

August Lust Have It! box


I was so stoked when I received this, I've been looking forward to it all month. I was a little disappointed that it didn't come in a little makeup bag like it did for the past two months. It came in a white box with a black ribbon tied around it, looked nice, but I couldn't use it for anything.

tanGo Tanning Glove
I don't really know what I'm going to do with this since I don't self tan...I can't think of any other uses. Objectively, it seems nice. It's one of those microfiber towels (not a glove), small, soft.

Tigi Rockaholic Rock Out Shine Blaster
I was so excited to try this! I am a huge fan of Tigi products, I love the packaging and concepts behind the products.

Rock Out feels silicon-y and smooth when smoothed through the hands and applies to the hair without leaving a residue or weighing it down. It softened the hair and left it with a nice shine. I think this would be really good for after using heat styling products, especially after straightening.

Appelles Body Booster Skin Lotion, Body Bar Vegetable Soap, Skin Detox Shower Gel - all in the Wild Berry scent
Over all, these products smell amazing. Really delicious. My first thought when smelling them was apple and raspberry. It's a really sweet fruity scent and I love it.

I haven't tried the shower gel yet, so if I think it's any good I'll review it later.

Appelles Body Bar Vegetable Soap
My favourite of the three, I use this as hand soap by my bathroom sink and every time I wash my hands I end up smelling them for ages afterwards. So delicious.
It's a lovely red colour, lathers into a milky foam and the scent stays on your hands for quite a while. I wash my hands a lot because I'm a bit weird, so my hands smell like it all day.

Appelles Body Booster Skin Lotion
I was well excited for this also, has the same scent as the soap and moisturises quite well. It's an oil based lotion, so it packs a good moisturising punch and it isn't tested on animals, so that's a plus. It comes in quite a small bottle (I believe the one I got was full size), so I'm not sure you would get many uses out of it or how cost effective it is. Probably wouldn't buy it again because of this, but I love the scent, so I'll definitely buy the soap.


ModelCo Eyeliner in Black
Not a very creamy eyeliner, it's quite...thick? If you can describe a pencil that way. Like it doesn't go on very smoothly and is kinda dry, so the colour isn't very black and it would be hard to make precise lines.

However, the dryness of it makes it surprisingly waterproof. I took this photo yesterday and still have a bit of the eyeliner on my hand. And I tested it on my hand before I tried the Appelles soap, so even with soap and water it didn't come off. It's possibly too waterproof, I don't know how you'd get it off at the end of the day.

Marc Jacobs DOT
I'm not a huge fan of this perfume, probably won't purchase the full size, but I think I'll use the tester atomiser.
It's a bit too chemically for me, I'm a big fan of natural scents, mostly florals. This smells kinda like passionfruit and pineapple and chemicals at first spray. As it dries it's a lot softer, and goes kind of sweet and musky. I want to describe it as vintage or heirloom, but I don't think perfumes are generally described that way.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment