Friday, August 10, 2012

What the hell, Batman? (Spoilers)

There's gonna be a hell of a lot of spoilers in this post because I just saw The Dark Knight Rises and holy shit, it blew my mind. So from this point on there will be major spoilers.


What the hell was that? How dare you, Christopher Nolan? What gives you the right to make me feel such an array of emotions in half an hour? And I say half an hour because in the first two hours nothing particularly emotional happened, but once there were only thirty minutes left, BAM! Smacks you in the face with feels.

Like what the actual truck was that with letting Batman kiss Cat Woman and then letting him die? I was so overjoyed that my OTP had come together and then it was over.

And then everything with Alfred, what was that?! I was literally sobbing in the movie theatre, mascara running down my face, because someone didn't tell me this movie would crush your heart. Then we find out that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Robin! How dare you!

When Batman died I felt an array of emotions: denial, followed by anger, followed by sadness, followed by acceptance. Then I was swept by a whole new set of these feelings: scepticism at the movie ending with Batman's death, denial that Batman can actually die and finally anger at being swindled into thinking he was dead, only to find that he is in-fact alive. That is not okay, Christopher Nolan. I am mad that you played with my emotions like that, I was not expecting nor prepared for those kinds of feels, as can you can plainly see from my non-waterproof mascara. I was expecting an action movie that didn’t really make me feel anything, or at the least a $17 nap.

The movie was absolutely amazing, but I will now always wear waterproof mascara when seeing a Christopher Nolan film, I have been thoroughly warned.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment