Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ekka!

I went to the Ekka yesterday with possible ladyfriend and it was awesome!

For those of you that don't live in and around Brisbane, the Ekka is a...farm, rides, festival, carnival thing that happens every year in August for a week or something. It's really fun and we all get a Wednesday off to go.

The Ekka is a very interesting event for Brisbanites (Brisbanians?), or at least I think so. It really shows the joint patriotism that we Australians feel for our country. And I think it brings us back to the outback for us city folk. Here you can see a stadium of people standing to sing the national anthem.

There are many events at the Ekka, some are more traditional,
Wood cutting

Horse jumping

Dog shows

Biggest chicken competition (or so I assume)
My winner


And some are a little bit strange,

Horse and rider covered in glow sticks, or as I like to call it, "Tron horse"

The Toyota Hilux Heroes

Horses pretending to be motorbikes
It's hard to see, but they have handle bars instead of reins

There's a petting zoo (my favourite event and llamas!
Oh my God, baby chickens!

There's also this death trap, commonly refered to as the "Dodgems", which, even after telling my friend that I should not be given the wheel under any circumstances, I drove nearly the whole time. I also screamed for my life.

And dinosaur chicken!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment