Thursday, August 2, 2012

July 2012 favourites


Guess what, it is officially my birth month! Pretty stoked for it. This should also indicate to you that it is a new month, so I'm doing my favourite makeup products of last month. Be excited.

My first favourite is Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in Opal 15 and Nude 25
Please click here for the full review

In short, it covers really well, doesn't irritate my skin, blends easily, doesn't feel heavy on the face and is reasonably priced.

Lush Eyes Right mascara
This mascara came out with Lush's recent Emotional Brilliance makeup line, all of which are close to completely natural and handmade.

I'm very pleased with this mascara, it's very surprisingly waterproof and smudge-proof, I think because it's mostly natural I assumed it would have no staying power and would slide right off, but it stays put really well.
It's very natural looking and easy to remove.

Lush Fantasy liquid eyeliner
Same for this stuff, surprising with it's staying power. Very pigmented, metallic and glittery. This was a little harder to get off because of the glitter, but not even close to something like Mac Fludilines.


Real Techniques Contour and Buffing brushes from the Core Collection
I wasn't a fan of the other two brushes that come in this kit, the detailer and pointed foundation brushes, I didn't really have any use for them, but I really love these two. I wish I could buy them on their own, but they only come in the kit for some reason.

I use the contour brush for blush because I'm not a big contouring person, but this brush works really well for blush. Since it's quite dense it picks up product better than my Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour brush.

I use the buffing brush with foundation and under eye concealer to blend and smooth. It creates a really even coverage and makes the makeup blend into the skin really nicely.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment