Thursday, June 16, 2011

I can't eat something with a face

I can't take apart the carcass of an animal.
I can't look it in the eyes and then eat it.
I should be a vegetarian, but...well I have a few smallish reasons for why I'm not.
I can eat like a steak or a piece of fish, but not if I've seen it's face.



We are in Paris now and we went out to dinner at a little cafe. Take note: menus can be very misleading. I ordered "crab with mayonnaise sauce" (it had English below the French).

I got a whole crab, sawn in half. My god.

I thought I was going to throw up or pass out, or both.

It was all furry and life-like! It had a face! And eyes and little legs. I couldn't do it, I couldn't even touch it. So, I had onion soup for dinner, much less horrifying than the crab, a lot less satisfying. I think I'm going to go and eat French biscuits and try and stop twitching and shivering about the crab. I can see it's little face in my mind.


Ther would have been drawings in this post, but, unfortunately (kind of, I love my iPad a fair amount), I'm on my iPad, so I can't upload photos

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment