Saturday, August 21, 2010

When people piss me off I hit them with my big blue suitcase

Disclaimer: The heading has nothing to do with the post

I went shopping today! (again) but don't worry, I didn't go too crazy. I bought three things...except two of them were of the pricier variety.

I got the MAC 182 buffer brush.

Photobucket

I freakin' love it! It's all soft and lovely. I use it for my mineral makeup (Lily Lolo...I'll do a review of that next because I REALLY love that) and it makes it look flippin' amazing.

Lovin' that, as you can see.

I also got the Lancome Effacernes concealer (I don't know how to pronounce that...it's all french) for my under eye circles.

Photobucket

I'm not sure about this one yet, I have really sensitive skin and I get milia under my eyes, so I'll have to give it a few days. But! what I like so far is that it has a nice coverage, not full coverage, but still makes my eyes look awake and natural. The colour matches my skin really well and I like the consistency, not too thick, but not liquidy like MAC select moisturecover. Also! I like the squeeze bottle tube thing, very hygienic.

So I s'pose I'll do a review on the stuff I got for my birthday then...

Several MAC paint pots:
Painterly, Groundwork and Constructivist

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Love 'em all. Painterly is a great base for powder e/s and Groundwork and Constructivist go really well together, I like to put Groundwork all over the lid and in the crease and Constructivist in the outer corner, I also like to use constructivist as a liner for top and bottom lash lines and to smudge them out.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

Photobucket

I quite like this, it's a pretty good setting powder, I use it over my mineral and liquid foundations or tinted moisturizer, and sometimes I use it on it's own for just a little bit of coverage or to set my concealer. AND! doesn't break out my sensitive skin! I used to use it with a powder brush, but now I use it with my 182 buffer brush and it looks awesome.

Benefit Creaseless Cream e/s in Get Figgy

Photobucket

This colour is so great! I wanted to get Strut as well, but they didn't have it, I thought I would use Strut and Get Figgy together, but now I'm not sure. Get Figgy is darker and more pigmented than I expected...I like it on it's own or with a highlight colour on the very inner corner.

Benefit Dandelion blush

Photobucket

Ahh! So cute! It looks really pretty on my freakishly pale skin (I may me exaggerating a tiny bit on the paleness of my skin) It's sparkly too! It's supposed to be an all over face powder and I think it looks good with a very light dusting down the nose and on the forehead, gimme a little colour.

Wow, that seemed like a lot more typing than what it is...now onto the Lily Lolo review! (I'm so freakin' energetic this evening, probably all that tea)

No comments:

Post a Comment