Monday, August 2, 2010

Talking with a fake accent

Sometimes when people ask me a stupid question I answer them with a fake accent.

Photobucket
Proud to be an Aussie (sort of)

I'm quite fond of the Stereotypical Australian, Scary Gangsta and of course, the English Guy. It seems like all of my accents are men's accents...maybe men are just funnier to imitate.

Let me give you some pointers for maximum hilarity

Stereotypical Australian
This one is especially hilarious to Australians, we're talking knee-slapping-funny here. I have slapped my fair share of knees at this accent.
1. Slur your words a bit
2. Talk somewhat faster than usual
3. You have to have a sort of...bite to your words, when you say "G'day mate!" the "mate" part should be faster than the rest and louder.
4. Paint your whole face with Zink.
5.Apostrophes man, use apostrophes and your golden (Use words like "Golden").
6. Use bad grammar. And talk as if you were several people. eg. "Chuck us 'nother shrimp on the barbie" ...mate.

Scary Gangsta Goes without saying, really.
1. Deeper voice
2. Say "bro" a lot
3. Slang

English Guy
1. Make less sense "a spot of tea" (what constitutes a "spot"?)
2. Talk about scones.
3. Call people "Love"
4. Creepy smile and click your tongue, don't know...that just seems...british.

Anywho! I'm tired (Gonna go hit the ol' dusty trail) You see what I did there? Yeah? Yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment