Friday, September 10, 2010

What constitutes a biscuit?

Because I always thought it had to have some sort of biscuity part (then again, I always thought a "cheese product" had to contain cheese)

I went to my local(ish) foods from different countries plus fruit store (you know what I'm talking about) and they had "Macaroon's" (not the ones you're thinking of my American friend). I was, of course, excited, I love coconut and I love chocolate and from the pictures (which apparently aren't actual size) is what they appear to be.

Photobucket
It is ridiculously hard to find a picture of whatever the hell I'm talking about, so I took one myself and apparently my bathroom has the best lighting even though it's orange. I need someone to change the light bulbs in my room...

I love serving suggestion pictures. The serving suggestion of "Macaroon's" is two "biscuits", if you can call them that, and half a coconut. Delicious.

So, back to the biscuit portion of this post, it says "BISCUITS 200g Net" on the packet and so I went to the ingredients looking for flour or some sort of biscuity materials and found that it's main ingredient is actually wheat flour...but it really doesn't look like a biscuit of any sort...Now, I haven't actually opened them as I have no idea what to expect, so I don't actually know if it has any biscuityness to it.

Just opened it and yes, it does have a biscuit portion...I'm sort of glad and sort of not, it would be so delicious if it was just chocolate and coconut, but I don't think you can call that a food, and I think I would have just eaten heaps of the coconuty goodness and...died or something (a happy death)

So, now I know that I don't like "Macaroon's"

...See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment