Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh Nigella, won't you please marry me?

Yes, ditch your kids (husband?) and run away with me? We can cook easy yet delicious meals together and gorge ourselves on fudge and the like.

Photobucket
If only

I love watching Nigella on TV, she's freakin' amazing. Cookin', lookin' good, saying strange things and getting drunk while at it, what more could you want? Also, I love her voice, I could listen to her talk for days (or forever?)

She made toffee sauce the other night and I was like "Good God, I must have that." So I did! And it turned out surprisingly well, usually my foods end up being similar to the recipe, but I'm not sure you could describe them as good... I enjoy improvising.

Yeah...but this one tasted awesome! I don't think I could really go wrong, dark sugar, golden syrup, butter and cream...not too difficult.

I love how Nigella usually gets a bit drunk before any of her guests arrive. It's quite a smart idea, calm down a little bit and not look like drunkard when your downing all those pretty and well named drinks, aye?

Recipe for anyone interested (or my interpretation of it)

"Sticky Toffee Sauce"
Ingredients
3/4 cup Dark ground sugar
75g butter
a couple spoonfuls of golden syrup (or dark corn syrup)
150ml cream

Mix sugar, syrup and butter together in a hot pan (hot enough to boil) until they melt into a "toffee sticky goo" and then a "glorious dark sticky mess" (her words)
Keep heating it until it bubbles away from the edges "bubbly volcanic eruptions" (should be very soon after it's melted) and add the cream
Mix that in and let it sit on the heat for a little bit "long enough to get the ice cream out!"
And poor it over the ice cream (watch out as ice cream melts surprisingly fast)
Put the rest in a container and heat it up in the microwave when you want to use it again

Enjoy :D

P.S. This was from the comfort foods episode and I like to eat this whilst watching Dharma & Greg as they are always comforting

No comments:

Post a Comment