Monday, September 26, 2011

It Started With a Kiss from Lush

This is one of my most recent favourite Lush products, I really like the whole 20's (and later) bright red lips style, especially with some form of glamour 40's/50's hair do and winged dark black eyeliner. The only problem is that I have dry skin, also dry lips, so all those Mac lipsticks dry them out and then it looks horrible.

Solution:
Tada! Lush's It Started With a Kiss lip balm!

I really like this because you can layer it from more subtle red tinged to full on bright red lips. The SA said you could use it as a blush as well, but I'm really loving Benefit's Benetint (I also like that for lips, but it's a stain, so I need to apply lip balm throughout the day).

It's very moisturising, but not in a glossy way, it's more matte, but not super matte, if that makes any sense at all.

Oh Lordy, the smell is amazing, it's like toffee apples, red apples and cinnamon, so damn delicious. It's quite strong too, one of my friends has It Started With a Kiss and we also know when the other is wearing it, not just because of the tint.

I tried taking photos of just my lips, but they all looked odd, so here's a face of the day and some swatches on my arm.

(my arm looks really yellow, probably because I have no knowledge of cameras at all, even though my last art assignment was a photography assignment, needless to say I didn't do well)
One swipe of It Started With a Kiss

Three swipes

Ma face.

I am using:
Garnier Anti-Dark Circles Roll-On Light (love this stuff, will talk about it more later)
Lily Lolo mineral foundation in Blondie
Lush It Started With a Kiss
Mac Dipdown fluidline
Benefit Benetint
Benefit Badlash plum

So that should give you some idea of how bright it gets.

Next on my Lush list is Double Choc lip balm, I'm hoping it will be a kind of dark nude colour.

Well, I'm off to re-attempt getting my drivers license, that should be fun.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment