Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lush Ultrabland

So I've been trying out Ultrabland the past two weeks and I am very impressed, but also dubious and skeptical...


I tried Ultrabland a few months ago and it broke me out on the second day of using it, but I now think that I was using it wrong.

So this is how I use it now:

First of all it's very important to completely clean all of Ultrabland off when using it. A lot of people with oilier skin or like a really clean feeling after cleansing think that Ultrabland will leave a residue and make their skin look oily, but that shouldn't happen unless you don't clean all of it off.

So now this is my skincare routine:

Wet hands with warm water and rub less than a pea sized amount between the hands
Massage into face for a minute or so all around
Wet a washcloth with hot water, the hotter the better, and place it over the face, steaming it until the washcloth goes warm
Then re-wet the washcloth with hot water and rub in circular motions around the face
The next step is pretty crucial. Sprits toner on face or put it on a cotton round and wipe over face. I use Eau Roma from Lush because it has no alcohol, is good for redness and doesn't irritate my skin.
Then moisturise and such.

So onto the actual review!

So far, I love it more than any other cleanser I've used. It's cleared the few spots I had, redness is pretty much gone, and my favourite thing so far, my moisturiser goes on so much smoother and I'd imagine liquid foundation would as well, but I use mineral foundation and I haven't noticed much difference with that, except that I use less.

But I'm a little worried that it will make me break out sometime later on, because I've read of the oil in oil based cleansers getting trapped in some pores and then exploding in a horrible case of horribleness...I will report back in a few weeks and tell you the results

I don't mean to put anyone off with the word "exploding", so far I truly am amazed with the results, my skin has never been clearer or softer, I'm just uncertain and paranoid about something being too good to be true.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment