Sunday, September 11, 2011

Okay, I have a super light backpack...now what to do with it

I just bought a Barefoot Wanderlite Backpack after going crazy reading literally every page on Onebag.com because my recent trip to Europe was a bit disastrous with all of the unnecessary things I brought along. So for my next trip somewhere I'm going to attempt to pack one bag that is fairly light weight.

Tada! Wanderlite!

And what's really cool, but I'm not sure how I'm going to make useful, is that it rolls into a little ball and is all small and compact and stuff

I would completely recommend reading Onebag.com, it's an awesome website with some really good tips, tricks, ideas, etc. for packing light.

I went to Sydney a few weeks ago and brought this bag:


That's a book a bit bigger than an A5 piece of paper for comparison

But I think I still brought too much stuff and it was quite uncomfortable carrying it around the airport (carry on).

So now I'm going to attempt just taking the Wanderlite and maybe a handbag for the plane. I think that my main problem is toiletries. I hate to be without my toiletries and makeup. If I were to go somewhere for a few days right now I would bring:
- cleanser (I'm trying Lush Ultrabland at the moment, I'll let you know how I like it soon right now)
- little pot of moisturiser (Perfect Potion Moisture Base)
- 25ml jojoba oil
- lip balm
- a comb
- eye cream (Lush Enchanted Eye Cream)
- Lush Vanillary solid perfume (Smells freakin' awesome)
- A small pot of manuka honey
- Small pot of Lush The Big Tease
- Lush Godiva solid shampoo and Jungle solid conditioner
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
So it's not that much in all the little sizes, but the case takes up a lot of room...I'm thinking of wrapping all my stuff up in a scarf so that it forms to the shape of the products rather than being square or rigid.

For makeup I would bring
- Revlon colorstay eyeliner in black
- Lily Lolo mineral foundation - Blondie
- Lily Lolo mineral concealer - Nude
- MAC 187, 252 and 217 brushes
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Tattle Tale
- MAC Paint Pots in Painterly and Constructivist
Yep, that adds up to quite a lot of space.

And then I either overpack with clothes too or only bring jeans and t-shirts.

So now that the Wanderlite has arrived I'm not sure what to do with it because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, but it's all new and exciting so I really want to use it...

I'm really considering just deciding on a destination, packing for that destination and seeing how light I can get my pack...and then never leaving my room.
I am so damn bored right now.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment