Sunday, April 3, 2011

Haaagnh!

That is the noise I make when there is a large spider in my bathroom and my hand needs to go close to it.

Why do spiders keep surrounding me?! I'd let you live in my bathroom if you weren't so creepy and motionless all the time! Geez, guys, how about you just get less furry and leggy? Then maybe we'll talk.


Another spider decided my bathroom was a nice place to live. It was probably the size of my palm and all brown and stripy and somewhat hairy. It was sitting next to my toilet...right when I really had to pee. You bastard spider, you. But, alas, I still would like to keep my rein as Spider Queen, so I didn't kill it. I feel like he didn't appreciate how uncomfortable catching him made me.

I got a takeout container and a magazine and approached him, I had my container poised ready to trap him, nope, container was too small and see-through, freaks me out too much.
The next attempt was an opaque red ice-cream container, that was better (I couldn't find anything bigger), but my hand was still dangerously close to the spider. It took me a good twenty minutes to get the courage to place the container over him, little did I know, that was the easy bit.
I, eventually, got my magazine under the container, I thought it was going pretty well, now just to lift the container and magazine at the same time off the side of the wall, like vertically. I never realised that the majority of spiders I had freed were conveniently on the floor or ceiling.
That probably took me another twenty minutes. Freaking magazines and their bending ways.

Anywho, the spider is outside (along with the container and magazine which I pretty much just threw into my garden - screw it, I'll get it when the sun comes up) and hopefully still has all it's legs and hopefully won't come and visit me again, unless it's to tell me that my spider army is ready and we can take over Australia now (running the whole world is too hard, I'd rather just have Australia - I like our accents).

So wish me luck on my future spider freeing adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment