Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Creamy garlic prawns turned soy sauce garlic prawns

So I made myself an interesting dinner tonight, it started off as being creamy garlic prawns and then quickly turned into soy sauce garlic prawns (Benihana shrimp style?) after I had added the garlic.

I was a little dubious after I added the soy sauce, it smelt a bit strong, but it turned out freaking awesome, so definitely try it!

Recipe
Prawns (can be cooked or uncooked, I used cooked, if uncooked just fry them in the soy sauce for longer)
Soy sauce
A small amount of butter
Garlic
Ginger
Rice, or whatever your preferred side dish is

1. Peel your prawns, leaving the tails on, ick, my least favourite thing about prawns, they taste damn good, but their beady little eyes creep me out.
2. Heat some butter in a frying pan over fairly high heat, wait until it all melts
3. Add 2-ish cloves of garlic, minced, depending on how garlicy you like it, I like it very garlicy, add a small amount of ginger, we're talking like a pinch of minced ginger, and stir
4. Add your prawns to the pan and stir them around.
5. Fry the prawns on high heat, leaving them to brown a bit for a minute or so and then flipping them, doesn't have to be specific, just kind of stir them around
6. Once the prawns are crispened to your liking add some soy sauce, about 2 table spoons, more or less, once again, depending on your preferences, and stir them around
7. Leave the soy sauce to reduce a bit and eat!

The finished product

This is my prawn heads bag


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment