Saturday, December 24, 2011

First impressions of Aesop Parsley Seed Cleanser and Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant Serum

I bought the New York travel kit from Aesop last week. I wanted to try some Aesop face products without spending a bunch on just one full size bottle, plus the case it comes with is adorable.

In the New York kit you get:
Heaps of awesome stuff. So far I've tried the Parsley Seed Cleanser and the Anti-oxidant Serum, here are my first impressions after first use and I will post a full review once I've tried them for a little while longer.

Parsley Seed Cleanser
Feel: Gel consistency, very low foam (which is good for my dry, sensitive skin), don't need a lot for your whole face
Smell: Smells like Perfect Potion Soothe products, natural kind of herbally smell, pleasant, not too strong, but could annoy people that don't like essential oil type smells
Result: Left my face feeling a little tight, not unusual for me, very, very smooth, any pimples had diminished a bit.

Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant Serum
Feel: Usual serum kind of consistency, gel-like, went on smoothly, didn't need very much, when massaged in it dried to a shiny finish, but that doesn't bother me because I use it at night anyway.
Smell: Same as the cleanser, lavender and parsley oil
Result: Left skin shiny looking and somewhat hydrated, need to use moisturiser underneath, blemishes were half the size and a lot less red, skin looked overall less red. Eventually dried a bit less shiny. Didn't make my skin burn, itch, etc. We shall see how it is in the morning.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment