Monday, December 12, 2011

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer review

So I've been trying out some new products for the past few days and I am very impressed. I recently decided to venture forth from my love of mineral foundation into the land of the unknown, liquid foundation. I also decided that I wanted to try some primers because so many makeup gurus swear that they're a must have.

I had first thought that I would try the Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturiser because it has good reviews and I was interested, but then I discovered that Mecca Cosmetica sells cosmetic brands that are usually only sold in pretty much every country other than Australia, AND there is one in Queen St Mall which is where I go for all of my cosmetic needs (there's a Lush there).


So I mosey on down there, into Mecca and head straight for the NARS section. It was all so very pretty. So I got a sample of NARS Sheer Glow in Deauville (which I have learnt is pronounced kind of like "doorville") and the sales assistant also put some primer on my skin when she tested the colours on me, so I also got a sample of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, I've been using the samples for the past few days and I am oh so very pleased.My skin hasn't broken out or gotten even a little bit irritated, and that's saying something for my extremely sensitive skin.

NARS Sheer Glow looks so nice and I don't need very much to cover everything, so I think a bottle will last me a very long time. It has a dewy finish, but not too dewy, more luminous than anything. The packaging is simple, glass bottle with a screw on lid, no pump. The colour selection is really good too, heaps to choose from and I'd say I have my colour matched very well with Deauville.


The Hourglass primer is awesome as well, the texture is really nice, like silky smooth kind of texture in liquid form, not silicone-y feeling at all...weird and nice at the same time. The packaging is really good too, it comes in a sturdy frosted glass bottle with a pump, which is super awesome as I've had to order a pump for NARS, and it just generally looks fancy, which you would expect as it is a bit pricey, but definitely worth it. Also the pump screws off, so once you've used it all, you can reuse the bottle for something else.
It keeps my skin softly matted, not too matte, which I like about it, I'm all about the dewy with my dry skin, and the NARS Sheer Glow stayed on all through my shopping trip and other adventures, looking pretty well perfect by the end of each day.

So if you're interested in either then definitely get yourself some samples, try them out and maybe come back to get the full sized, and I would recommend you buy the NARS pump if they have them wherever you buy it (they didn't at my Mecca), I don't like having to tip out a certain amount of the bottle.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment