Monday, December 5, 2011

Favourite things of 2011

Numero uno!
Just in general, Sigma brushes. They are the bomb, super dope, high quality, but also very cheap brushes. I love all of mine, they are most definitely comparable to MAC brushes. My favourites especially are the Sigmax kabuki brushes, love the F80 and F82. Neither of them shed at all, like literally not one hair has come off of them in the months that I have owned them.

The F80 is my favourite for liquid foundation, stipple it on, then buff it in. It gives a flawless finish and doesn't absorb the product.

The F82 is my favourite for mineral foundation, just blend it straight onto the face and it all looks perfect and lovely.

Deus
Lush Ultrabland is the best thing to happen to my face in the whole of forever, that shit is insane. Like, life changingly insane.

You can read about my love for it here and also here, because I love it that damn much.

Sanban
Apples. Before I got my braces off this year, I hadn't bitten into an apple in two damn years. The day after I got them off I was on block exams, so I brought an apple with me to eat as a way of celebrating finishing my math exam. When I got out of that test, I was so excited. I took my apple out of my bag, brought it to my lips and stopped. I couldn't even remember how to eat a damn apple, it took my friends' encouragement and getting over the fear that my teeth will break off, but I bit into that apple and it was the best damn apple of my entire life.
I will never forget that apple.

Quatro
The NARS Beautiful Life Palette is so awesome. Before I bought it I hadn't tried any NARS products (damn you, Australia), but now I am so addicted, I must order more! The lip colours in it are super pigmented for non stick lippies, I especially love the darker pink on the right side, Funny Face, that looks really lovely. The multiples are cool, I don't really see all the hype with Orgasm, it's a pretty pink and all, but I'm pretty sure it's all in the name, well done, NARS, well done. Copacabana is an awesome highlighter, I use it all over my face (brow bone, cheeks, nose) and it looks very nice. The packaging is really good, it zips up and it has a huge mirror above the colours.

Fem
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows in general are darn awesome, great pigmentation, stay fairly well and are pearly, but not super shimmery, but I love them especially in Busy Signal, Get Figgy and Tattle Tale. I like Busy Signal and Get Figgy as crease colours and Tattle Tale is an awesome highlight colour, also a nice lid colour.



Seks
Lancome Color Fever lipstick in 312 Pink in the Limo is a super pretty bright pink colour that I love wearing underneath Lush Snow Fairy lip tint. It's a nice pop of colour, that isn't too dramatic and I think would look good on all pale gals, but it's sadly been discontinued, though I'm sure there are a lot of dupes.

Shtatë (That's Albanian for "seven")
MAC fluidline eye liners in Blacktrack and Dipdown are my favourite gel eyeliners, granted, I haven't tried many, but these have served me well for some time now. Blacktrack is very black and is easy to make thick or subtle lines with and Dipdown is a softer brown colour that looks good for less dramatic eye looks. They are fairly water-proof, don't smudge and go on nicely.

Otto
Benefit cheek and lip stains, I love them all, Posietine, Cha Cha tint and Benetint, they're all awesome, interesting and fun to use. Great pigmentation, not too much so as it being too hard to get the right amount, but you also don't have to apply a heap to get some colour, love 'em.

Nege
Benefit Get Bent liner brush. When I bought this a while ago, I loved it, then I started trying new brushes and like them more, now I've come back to it and once again I love it. You can create both really thin and really thick lines with it and the bent head makes it really easy to use. Also, I've had it for ages and it hasn't split or frayed.

Tíz
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake eye liner is da bomb. So good for really thin lines and I like that because it's a powder, it allows less bacteria to collect. It's also a bit interesting and different from the normal eye liners on the market and it seems fairly water-proof so far. I just use normal water with it, as I've read some bad reviews of the activator liquid.

Ellefu
Benefit Badgal Plum mascara is my favourite mascara of all time, I just wish it was water-proof, even still, I'll wear it in the rain because it looks so good. It doesn't clump or give you spider lashes or anything bad, it just looks awesome and the purple colour makes your eyes look brighter and whiter.

Twaalf
The British TV show, Misfits, is my current favourite show. Even without Nathan, who was so freaking funny, it's still awesome. I've grown to like Rudy and I'm really enjoying the non-romance between Kelly and Seth. I love Kelly. I fookin' love her!

Well, that's about it, I'm going to go and watch Misfits now, catch ya tomorrow!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment