Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Formal dates

So my year 12 formal is fast approaching (It's in April, I believe) and I'm getting a tad freaked out that I won't have a date, even though it is not actually fast approaching, but more so sluggishly, because a lot of my friends have been asked in extravagant ways (flowers, chocolates, etc.).

I'm not really sure how I would feel about not having a date because, on the one hand, I don't really care, I would just end up going with my other dateless friends anyway and that would be fun; but on the other hand, I am oh so lonely, and it would be quite a blow to my self esteem if I wasn't asked.

Apparently it's a leap year or whatever, so the girls are supposed to ask the guys, but I doubt many girls would ask the guys anyway, and what's the deal with it being in turns?! Why can't we just ask whoever we want in any year, leap or not?

So here are some pluses and minuses of going with/without a date

With a date:
Plus
Fun times, datey-ness
No hits to self esteem
Get to coordinate clothing!

Minus
Obligated to hang out with that person
If you're already going with someone, then what do you do if you start dating someone else?
Awkwardness

Without a date:
Plus
Get to hang out with friends
No commitment!
Can have just as much fun without a date

Minus
No date, sad face
Blow to self esteem
No pretty pictures of you and date
Don't get a pretty flower

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment