Friday, December 9, 2011

New weird shoes - Vibram FiveFingers


So I bought some new shoes today, or more so my lovely father bought me some shoes he thinks are strange for Christmas. So I bought Vibram FiveFingers Barefoot shoes, and let me tell you, they are both really cool and really, quite horribly, ugly. So ugly that I don't think I'd have the guts to wear them in public, but they'll be perfect for running...maybe hiking, if I did that sort of thing.

So these shoes "replicate bare feet" in order for a bunch of awesome things to happen, I have come to understand that barefoot shoes
- Are better for your posture
- Allow you to run faster and further
- Eliminate pressure on joints whilst running
- Allows for people that like running barefoot, such as myself, to no longer fear stepping on something dangerous when not on the treadmill.

So a few things I have to say about the Vibram FiveFingers:
- They're awesome.
- Super comfortable
- Really damn hard to put on, though apparently after a few times it gets easier
- Once again, really comfy
- Frickin' weird looking
- I haven't actually run with them on yet, but they're damn fine walking shoes
- Dry quite quickly
- Breathable

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment