Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lesbian movies make me sad

They never end well, why can't lesbians end up together? There's always one that feels unfulfilled and it makes me sad. I want the lesbians to be together.

The last two movies I've watched the gay protagonist has discovered that actually they're not gay, so no need for new partner. I do not like this.

Also, why are gay movies so weird? Like the acting is bad and the lighting is bad and they can't seem to have normal story lines like straight movies. I want a movie where the female main character can't seem to find love, so she decides to give up and then she suddenly meets female love interest, there's some difficulty, for example an ex/some sort of baggage, but eventually they end up together and every thing is all hunky dory. Why can't I have that?

I was thinking about it last night right before I was going to sleep (always the time when my mind goes crazy) and I realised that that probably isn't going to happen for a very long time. Isn't it eerily similar to the historical racism towards african american people - not allowed to marry, not allowed to vote, not seen as human/natural. And still today there are hardly any movies featuring a black protagonist and when there is a black character they're all so stereotyped and have much less screen time than the white characters, and it's been hundreds of years! So I won't hold my breath.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment