Friday, May 4, 2012

Update with my life

I've been trying to be a better friend lately. One of my best friends is Christian (and I am insanely Atheist) and I think she thinks I think she's an idiot for believing in God. Sometimes I wish I could believe in an all powerful being that had a plan for me, but I can't, so sometimes I think it's stupid, but sometimes I'm jealous too.

Anyway, I've been trying to make her feel more accepted by me because I've realised that she may not be feeling so welcomed by my anti-God comments. Something that seems to be working is singing during my school assemblies. I go to an Anglican school and every whole school assembly (which is weekly) we pray and sing and all of that, they're big on God there. I usually just stand in silence not singing their God focused songs, but today I sang with my friend and I realised that I enjoy singing, so it shouldn't matter if I'm singing about something I don't believe in.

As an added bonus I can now be one of those people that sings and doesn't give a shit about what people think, which I enjoy. Because people are dicks and they shouldn't be able to tell me what's okay and what's not.



I'm feeling good because I've accomplished a lot in the past week or so, I:
- Broke up with my boyfriend even though I was really nervous about it
- Finished my SOR assignment on time and handed it in today
- Got out of my non-exercising sick funk and worked out yesterday
- Have been hanging out with my brother a lot which makes me happy

Also, I'm listening to The Temper Trap at the moment and it always makes me feel really nostalgic for some reason. Simpler times? I don't think so, just that kind of nostalgic whirly feeling in my stomach. Makes me have feels.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment