Thursday, March 31, 2011

March favorites!

I know, very exciting, the first month of Autumn/Spring is over. Winter is coming, huzzah!

Favoreto numba one: The Big Tease from Lush.

Though I haven't been using it very long, I really like the idea of hair gel that's good for hair (although I'm not sure how good for hair it actually is) and it's been working very well for me so far.


Number two: Strawberry Feels Forever also from Lush

I've been using this for a few months now and I really love it. It smells like strawberries and cream and makes me smell like that all day. It's good on stretch marks, I have these weird stretch marks on my back (they don't make any sense) and it's gradually fading them. Really moisturising and softening, my legs get so smooth and delicious smelling.


Three: Karma soap again from Lush

When I first started going to Lush, I didn't like Karma. I think it sits next to the citrusy soaps and that makes it smell of citrus in the store. I'm not a huge citrus fan. Then the limited edition Karma shower gel came out and I bought it as there aren't all that many Lush shower gels and I find shower gels are easier and quicker than bar soap, so I tried it. It smells really different to in the store. It's like a sweet citrus, pachouli smell. Some people hate pachouli, apparently, I like it. Awesome.

Four: Cleanser II and III by Arthur Lawrence
(The bottle is different now, but you get the gist of it comes in a bottle)
Check out Arthur Lawrence stuff here, they sell all natural, minimal ingredient face products and I love them

I have really, incredibly, sensitive skin, I tried so many cleansers, getting a couple weeks in, thinking this cleanser was working and bam! My skin gets all angry for no reason. I think of it as too much of a good thing. All of the cleansers I tried were natural, but they still aggravated my skin (I had the same problem with makeup, I'll talk about that in a bit). Then my hippie god mother told me about Arthur Lawrence and I tried them. They're a little pricy, but totally worth it, a bottle of Cleanser II lasts me a good amount of time. I got my first bottle probably four or five months ago and it still has around three months use in it, that's using it once a day. I got Cleanser III around Christmas (three months ago for people in the future) and it's hard to tell because the bottle is white, but I'd say I've used about a fifth of it, I probably use it once to twice a week.
So back to how it's changed my skin. I used to get breakouts from the other cleansers that wouldn't go away for weeks, now my skin is clear and lovely. I really, really recommend these products, especially to people with sensitive skin.

Five: Lily Lolo's Mineral Foundation (Colour: Blondie)

This foundation is amazing! Same again for sensitive skinned folk, this stuff is awesome. I it only has five ingredients, all of which are natural. Huge awesomeness, doesn't contain bismuth oxide! Bismuth oxide is something nearly all mineral makeup products contain, it is a known irritant and is especially irritating to sensitive skin, and Lily Lolo foundation doesn't have any of it! Yay.
The coverage is great, I can't remember which ingredient it is, but one of the ingredients is really soothing on the skin and actually makes redness go away. It's buildable coverage, so it can be anywhere from light to full if you want. Huge colour range and really affordable, you can buy samples of all the colours for only £1.29 and a full sized jar for £12.49. They last for freaking ages too, I bought my first full size sometime in the middle of last year and it still has half left. The lids are a little flimsy though, so I've had to put it in a different container (an empty Lush one). I love this makeup so much. They also have concealers, blushes, eyeliners, eyeshadows and lipgloss.

See more here


And that's it because my hands are tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment