Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stop trying to tempt me with your promises of affordable art supplies, Riot Art

I signed up for the Riot Art email newsletter thingy and the keep telling me about all these deals and I'm (like a sucker) all like "A dollar ninety nine for oil paint?! I'm there!" And then I realise that I already have plenty of paint and I don't need any, no matter how much of a bargain.

If anything, I want to get some cheap shellac flakes (beetle juice) to play around with or something like that, so I'm waiting for a crazy shellac sale. That stuff is like $12 for a bag. Seems a little ridiculous for a bag of dried beetles secretion (I don't actually know what shellac is, I do know it has something to do with beetles and it's all cool and goldish).

Memo for non-artsy people:
Shellac is this golden syrup stuff that you paint on collographs (opposite of a print - too hard to explain) so that whatever you're printing with won't be sucked into whatever material you stick to the collograph. That probably made no sense. I don't care.

I just finished my English assignment. Phew. That shit was hard. I had it so easy in year 10, just start rambling on about poetic devices and your good. Now, I have to think about what I say because it kinda, not really, counts now.

I'm gonna go make myself some food, so see ya guys later. (I know, that was a boring post, sorry, I'll do better next time, I'm all out of writing juice after my English assignment)



PS. 200th post happened recently. That's pretty exciting

No comments:

Post a Comment