Friday, August 5, 2011

Everything is rainbows

Oh my Gooooood, you guys. Happy rainbow ponies once again.

I've recently gotten really into Japanese furoshiki knot wrapping, which is making...stuff...using one square piece of fabric. Bags, dresses and...stuff. Mostly varying designs of bags.

I am loving it so much. It all started with Lush, those crazy, brilliant bitches. I love Lush so friggin' much, you guys, my God. They've started doing this thing (mostly in the UK) where you can get a gift wrapped in a scarf because it's good for the environment in that it can be re-used to wrap other gifts, scarves, head bands, etc. They're also really cute and adorable, but you know...good for the environment...mur murr mur mr.

So I ordered the beach ball wrap (that and other knot-wraps here) from Lush UK and when it came I was very excited, but the Lush ones aren't as soft and lovely as the ones I'm about to talk about that I got from Bobo Wrap.

They're so pretty.

Good Lordy are they lovely.

I got two of the jumbo scarves, Willow and Splendor designs

This is Splendor, I'm too lazy to get up and take a photo of Willow, so you can imagine or go and find it on the Bobo website.

I love the idea of having a whole extra bag folded up and compact inside your bag just by tying some knots in it. Freakin' awesome.

Plus this wrap (the second one in the video) expands as you put more things in it, so it also makes a pretty big bag, good for farmers markets (which I happen to be a huge fan of).

Also I painted these recently, if you're interested






P.s. Oh my God, Andy from True Blood is on Fringe, sweet Lordy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment