Monday, August 1, 2011

I have ordered yet another Lush UK order. I think there is something wrong with me

Though what could be wrong with this?

So look what I got yesterday, and look what I've ordered that I should receive next Sunday.

Yesterday:
Little Green Bag


First of all, I freaking love all of the knot wrap stuff. I love it so much. I love the eco friendly aspect, but I also love that they're so awesome and practical and cute! I will be using the Little Green Bag knot for my toiletries case and I also got the Beach Ball knot and that will be my beach bag, so excited.

So all the stuff that came in the Little Green Bag:
(Can I start by saying that all but two of these are full size, so it's pretty amazingly cheap)

1. Each Peach massage bar
Just be aware, if you're ordering from outside of England (which I assume is where they ship from), you may receive a melted massage bar, so I would suggest asking them to package it or put it in the shampoo bar tin in the comments section when ordering online because that's what happened to me. Luckily they put it in the tin, so it only melted and solidified in the shape of the tin, which was a little disappointing, but it's still usable.

So the product itself: It's your usual massage bar, citrusy scent, very moisturising, as are all massage bars. I'm not a huge fan of citrus, so I don't have much to say about this one.

2. Jungle Solid conditioner
Some people say to use it straight from the bar, running it along the hair, not rubbing, some people add hot water to it, bottle it and use it as a normal conditioner (though that defeats the travel friendly-ness that I love about it) or cut off a little chunk and do a similar thing in the shower, adding hot water to your hand with the chunk in it and rubbing it in. I liked just running it through my hair, I found it coated it well enough. I don't really know what people are talking about, hair not feeling conditioned when in the shower, but after your hair dries it does? I didn't find that, my hair felt pretty normally conditioned after running it through a few times.

3. Squeaky Green shampoo bar (and a shampoo bar tin)
Like other people say, it's a bit drying, probably best to use a heavier conditioner with Squeaky Green than Jungle, best option would be Retread or Coolaulin (which is being discontinued ahh!). Good for people with oilier hair, not so much the dry haired folk, such as myself, or maybe as a clarifying shampoo, which I think it would be good for, but I’m really enjoying what I currently use (Lush Big shampoo).


4. Sugar Scrub
I love Sugar Babe, the more moisturising and less abrasive sugar scrub of Lush's, so I was a little apprehensive when trying this one as I have very sensitive, dry skin. Though it wasn’t moisturizing, it wasn’t as drying as I had expected and it didn’t irritate my skin, it’s a similar scrubbyness to Rub Rub Rub (which I love), but in solid form. It doesn’t have a very strong smell, a bit foresty, I guess? The packaging it comes in (in this kit) is a bit annoying, it’s a bit of a shame that this whole pack was supposed to be all naked products, but they had to package the scrub for obvious reasons, sugar everywhere wouldn’t be fun. It doesn’t come out of the packaging too easily either, I had to cut a little bit down the side for it to pop out. I put it in one of the Lush black pots that the cleansers come in and used a spoon to mash it up (which took a bit of force as it had been smooshed in the container for so long). If you do this, make sure you get it really mashed up before you use it, when the smaller pieces of it get wet, they either get softer and mash up easily or they become rock solid and unusable, it probably has to do with how much water, but it’s best to smoosh it before you get it wet.

5. Sea Vegetable soap
I was quite excited to try this soap, as I have tried so many Lush soaps, but never I was never really interested in this one, again a bit citrusy, it's a little drying, with the lime and lavender always seems to dry me out, even though it's supposed to be moisturising.

You can buy it here from the UK website.


I also got Coconut deodorant powder, which I am loving!
It smells so good, like coconut (obviously). It's surprisingly good for sweat, more so during the day if it's really hot, apply a little and you're instantly dry again and smelling sweet.

And last but not least, the Gorilla Perfume Miniatures Set.
This is the best idea ever. I had exactly this problem, I was so pleased with all of the new perfumes, but I didn't know which one I wanted and worse , it's very difficult to really smell them inside the lush store, what with all of the other smells going on.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment