Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My trip to Sydney Aquarium and the excitement that followed

I'm not embarrassed to go to the aquarium on my own, I love it, no people rushing me, making fun of my weird fascination with fish, it's perfection.

I saw some pretty sweet stuff at the aquarium! Let's break it into sections:

Section 1: Reasons why I am afraid of the ocean
This whole tank pretty much sums up why I am afraid of the ocean, flatheads, stone fish AND puffer fish, come on, aquarium, your killin' me.

Look at that bastard, sitting there all smug, stop hiding under the sand at the beach, it scares me so much!

Yeah, that guys pretty cute, he looks kind of angry though, he thirsts for blood, obviously.

What even is that? How are you alive?! You creepy freak.

Creepy ass eels.

Look at that shit! What?! I'm not even safe from snakes? I mean, I knew they could swim, but this guys doesn't even appear to breath.

Need I say more? He's a goddamn shark, those bitches are scary.

I hate stingrays nearly as much as I hate flatheads, they hide under the sand and have stingers, do not want.

What's even going on here? There was something that appeared to be sitting/trapped between two bits of coral/rock and it was like looking directly at me, eye contact and everything. I don't even know what it was, it looked kind of like a black dolphin, but it was in the shark tank... No one else seemed to be able to see it. Ghost sea creature!

Section 2: Cool shit/adorable shit
I love box fish, they're probably poisonous or flesh eating or something horrible like that, but they're so gosh darn cute, I would probably forgive them for eating my face off.

Of course, penguins are the cutest.

Aren't these little guys cute? Little adorable fishies.

Section 3: Random Leonardo DiCaprio
When I first walked into the aquarium ticket place and saw Leonardo DiCaprio posing with people for pictures, I was like, "What the shit?! Holy Jesus! It's Leo! Oh my God" Full fangirl mode was setting in, but then I noticed something strange...he wasn't breathing, blinking or moving at all. I soon released that he was a sculpture and not actually Leonardo DiCaprio, luckily I hadn't screeched and thrown myself at him yet. I felt pretty silly afterwards, what would Leonardo DiCaprio be doing in Sydney?! And the aquarium of all places! I am a giddy goat!



And since I'm doing photos today, here is the lovely Dana, my horse trainer's daughter


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment