Monday, April 9, 2012

Spiders keep scaring me

I have an interesting relationship with spiders, they seem drawn to me for whatever reason and I have (had?) a fear of them, which I am currently trying and kind of succeeding to get over.

I'm getting over it by, holding spiders (non poisonous and non threatening looking spiders), projecting feelings and emotions onto spiders, imagining spiders with top hats, treating spiders like humans and not murdering them by suffocation of noxious gases.

I've come to a bump in the metaphorical road of my plan however, spiders still startle me when they appear suddenly, not unlike everything else does when appearing suddenly. If my friend scaring the bejesus out of me during Earth Hour is any indication (the lights were off, she was wandering around in the kitchen as I walked down the hall adjacent to the kitchen, obviously a serial killer) then I don't know how to get around this bump. More exposure! As I always say (not really).

This mothertruckin' spider decided to hide out in my room while I was in Sydney for three days and then jump out in front of me as I threw myself onto my bed in victory of returning home without crashing and dying, what a bastard. Made me shriek, I haven't shrieked in a while and he broke my record. Not really though, I shrieked last weekend when my axe murderer friend was walking around in her own house in the dark. What a weirdo.




Okay, guys, there is a strange sound coming from some where in or around my house. Like a beeping sound, but kind of faint and long, you know? You probably don't, I'm sure it'll be fine, totally not WWIII starting. Definitely not.


Now it's the backing up noise of a truck, what are trucks doing backing up on my street at 10:08 at night??

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment