Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sigma brushes compared to MAC

So I just got an order of Sigma brushes a few days ago and I am so ready to tell you guys how much I love them.

So a quick overview of all the Sigma brushes that I have and Sigma in general. They're awesome, really soft, don't shed much, pick up colour really easily, I'd say they're equal to MAC brushes, but with a much lower price and not as readily available, there are also some brushes that MAC doesn't have, for example: the precision brushes, which are amazing. They always send you a sample with your order, and they're not tiny little whatevers, they've sent me two travel sized E25s (over two orders) and my friend got a mini eyeshadow of each of the palettes namesake (ie. Dare, Flare and Bare eyeshadows). They frequently (I think every month) have 10% off voucher codes and are just in general an awesome company.

The brushes all dry quickly (except for the Sigmax ones which take a bit longer because they’re so dense) and keep their shape well, I haven’t found many to shed much either.

These are the ones I received a few days ago, I also have the F80, F82, F84 and another E25 and E55

I will be comparing the Sigma E30 to the MAC 219 to start off
Very similar brushes, the E30 has a more pointed, tapered tip than the 219, the E30's hand is a lot longer, they both feel really soft and nice, the E30 maybe a bit softer. I found that the E30 picked up colour better than the 219. It works with cream and powder product, also wet powders, and works amazingly. I think the E30 is better than the MAC 219, I still love MAC, but the Sigma brushes are cheaper and the same or better.

Sigma E25 to MAC 217
So once again, very similar brushes. I do like the MAC 217 more than the E25, the E25 is a little more scratchier than the 217 and it's bristles are not as tapered, so for what I like to use the 217 for (blending in the crease, applying a wash of colour all over the eye), I prefer the MAC one, but the E25 is still a very good brush and I still use it for the crease and everything, I would reach for the 217, maybe because of familiarity or just that it's slightly more scratchy.

Sigma E55 to MAC 252 and also the Loew-Cornell 3/8" 270 Maxine's Mop
It's hard to decide which I like the most with these three. I don't really like the 252 for a lot of things, I originally bought it for powder mineral concealer, and it was good for that, but now I use the Lancome Effacernes concealer and I use the E40 for that (more on that later), so its turned into an eyeshadow brush and I actually have two of the for some crazy reason. It doesn’t really pick up product very well, it was good for concealer because it didn’t pack on too much colour, but not so much for eyeshadow. So after that debacle, I bought the Loew-Cornell 3/8” because a lot of people said it was a good dupe for the MAC, which I think it is, just like the E55, it packs on colour really well, picks up colour easily, doesn’t shed much at all (hasn’t shed a single hair since I got it). So compared to the 252, the Sigma E55 and the Loew-Cornel 3/8” are tied, you’ll probably be able to buy the Sigma one easier if you live in Australia though.

Sigma F20 and F82 to MAC 182
So when I bought the 182 I used it for mineral foundation and powder, though I really love the brush, I now don’t really have a use for it. My current foundation brush is now the F82 round top kabuki from Sigma and I love it. It really does give an airbrushed look, doesn’t absorb any product, blends everything in beautifully. I use the Sigma F20 for powder now as well, and I really like it, compared to the 182, they feel nearly exactly the same on my skin, the 182 is a bit denser.

And just a small review of the Sigma E40 because I don't have the MAC version, but I love this brush
This is my new favourite concealer brush; it works so well with blending my concealer so that it looks natural. Love it! It’s also really fun to use…I don’t know why, it just is. Its super fluffy so it blends really nicely, hasn’t shed so far, it dries quickly and is just pretty much awesome.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Nice post!
    Thanks for sharing informational blog post. Keep it up.For more information click here: ManoMano Voucher Codes

    ReplyDelete