Saturday, January 1, 2011

Damn you, pie, DAMN YOU!

I just baked my first pie, yes that's right, I've never had pie, except meat pie as I am Australian and that would be like...illegal or something.

So here I am, excited 15 year old, avidly awaiting her first apple pie. The timer goes, I take the pie out of the oven and go to the freezer to get the ice cream (I figured I'd go for the whole experience). I come back, take my mini pie and start my journey to the plate (right next to the baking tray). Suddenly the tin slips from my hands, my knife foes flying through the air as I leap to catch my delicious treat. But I'm too late, the pie is crushed, the ice cream is starting to melt, the tin is sitting innocently upside down on the floor.

My first suspect was the knife, lying in my hands in a way that the pie would surely fall, deliberate? I think so, he's my number one suspect.

I surveyed the crime seen, the tin still innocently watching from upside down, the ice cream had nothing to say, "freak accident," he said, "it was nobodies fault," he said, but it was all just a part of a clever ruse.

Little did I know, it was the tin after all. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

Ice cream and the tin had been working hand in hand for months, slowly but surely destroying all pre made baked goods and thoroughly disappointing the busy people of today that don't have time for elaborate baking.

The replacement pie had begun to bake, the new tin looked suspicious. Well, YOU SHALL NOT DENY ME AGAIN, Tin. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment