Sunday, January 2, 2011

Favourite bands/songs/albums of 2010

They'll probably be from recently my favourite to older favourites...just because thats how my mind works.

1. Ball Park Music, specifically the album Rolling on the Floor, Laughing Ourselves to Sleep and the songs Black skies, Walk right out and iFly (from Conquer the Town, Easy as Cake)
2. The shape of love by Passenger and Boy & Bear
3. Boy & Bear, pretty much all songs, but especially Mexican mavis
4. Kate Miller-Heidke, of course. I really love her cover of Slim Shady. Freakin' awesome. But I also love all her albums.
5. Florence + the Machine, all of it
6. Machine Translations, Laboratory is pretty sweet, but, again, love it all.
7. Band of Horses, Weed party, but also all of it
8. Edward Sharpe and the Magic Numbers, Home is the best to play Red Dead Redemption to.
9. Newton Faulkner
10. The Strokes, and the song Reptillia. If anyone doesn't particularly like The Stroke, I strongly suggest watching BoomBox off SNL, hilarious and a little gross, but so worth it, Julian Casablancas is a boss.
11. Angus and Jules (Angus and Julia Stone), how I love them so, I saw them
12. I really like the Eclipse soundtrack
13. Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
14 Of course, Queen, Somebody to love, Bohemian freakin' rhapsody, Don't stop me now, all that good stuff.

Tada, favourite musak of the year, who's excited for the new year?

Yeah, me either...

UPDATEY:
15. Nearly forgot! The Panics, Creaks, Don't fight it, all of it, but those are my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment