Friday, December 10, 2010

Appreciating lettuce

I love lettuce. (Yes that's my nutritious meal of choice) My fake Grandpa, Doug, (long story) has a veggie patch and it's like amazing. It's all orderly and pretty and he has so much stuff growing. I want a veggie patch that I can get most of my veggies from.

Anyway, went over to see him and fake Grandma, Bev, yesterday and got ourselves some fresh as they come lettuce. I'm going to start talking about lettuce and I can guarantee it will weird some people out, just btdubs.

I enjoy lettuce on it's own more than in a salad, I don't think people truly appreciate lettuce or how it tastes. It's more a filler salad to most people.

My mum showed me this thing called "Mindful eating" and it's pretty much where you notice stuff about your food and stops people from going all peter pan on their food and gorging like nobodies business. (I don't know where that peter pan analogy came from, it just seemed right) So I like to eat lettuce mindfully to further notice the lettucy goodness of it.

Lettuce can be eaten several ways (top to bottom, bottom upwards, sliced, sideways, etc, etc), I eat my lettuce nearly always bottom upwards (white bit to leafy bits), you get the awesome crunch of the white bit (I should find out what that's actually called...) and then the texture of all the leafy bits being crammed into your mouth at the same time. It's an intense eating experience. (note: cramming the leafy bits into your mouth isn't considered mindful eating by most experts, but I think it still is, you get a different kind of enjoyment than to eating it slowly)

Well, I'm done talking about lettuce now...that was strange.

P.S. OMG just remembered it's Shark Week. Merry Shark Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment