Friday, December 3, 2010

Fabric shopping!

I'm tired and have the beginings of a headache, but I'm going fabric shopping and fabric shopping brings me imense joy. Amounts of joy that you mere non sewing mortals can not comprehend. So much exitement that I dont know what to do with it.

I'm going to buy some vinyl and see if I can possibly sew it and make myself a toiletries bag, and I'm going to get some thick knit fabric and make a shoulder bag. I'll also probably buy some regular fabric and make a shirt or something.

It's the holidays so now I have too much time on my hands and I think I'll fill that time with furthering my sewing skills and make various small things. I can't wait. I literally am in love with sewing. I fully get into the zone and hours feel like minutes. It's awesome.

Just left Spotlight (isn't it the best place ever?) and I spent over $100 on fabric and the same on scissors, thread and zips. I was very suprised about the zips.

I'm very excited because I bought some pinking shears and can't wait to use them. I'm more excited about scissors than I think anyone has ever been at this moment.

I ended up getting more fabric than I thought I would (who can resist pretty fabric?). I got 3m of a khaki coloured fabric for a shirt, 2m of a thicker "furniture fabric" for a bag and 4 more metres of different coloured vynil. Excited.

I don't get why there's a "Furniture fabric" section away from the "Fabric" section. Shouldn't it be in the same section? and does it matter that it's not supposed to be used to make bags if that's what I want to use it for? I feel like the higher up sewing connoisseurs are forcing us to only use "furniture fabric" for furniture and nothing else. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment