Monday, November 29, 2010

Ahhh! Only three days of school left!

Whoop! I am gonna do so much nothing these holidays! Actually I'm doing quite a lot, going to Moreton Island, going to Woodford, going to Japan, looking after my friend's bird. Busy times!

I can't wait to go to Moreton, it's so pretty and lovely. I especially love snorkelling at "The Wrecks" It's a (fake, I think) ship wreck a bit off the beach and it's deep enough that you can swim to the bottom and see all the coral and pretty stuff, but still crystal clear. I freakin' love snorkelling. Except the fish are kinda scary. I have a story for why the fish are scary, actually two stories, one a lot more traumatising than the other.

Traumatising story!
At Moreton, on (in?) the beach near the apartments and shops, etc. there are these freaky stingray, not really dangerous, but still freaky, pointy shark things! They hide under the sand like stingrays, but they're triangular shaped and really freaky! I think they're called skates or something...Anyway, so twice I was swimming in the shallows and I looked down and BAM! two little slit, eye things looking up at me. And you know that second that lasts forever, but is also really freaking fast before something really shitty happens? Twice I've had that second, right before they swim towards me and cause me to scream and run from the water. Why do they go towards me? It would scare me a lot less if they swam away from me, like a logically freaky fish thing would do. But nope, they enjoy making me scream like I'm in a horror movie and run like I've never run so fast. Freaky jerks

Less emotionally scaring story!
Also at Moreton, at The Wrecks, we were feeding the fish bread (definitely recommend doing this, it was so awesome) whilst in the water and the fish were going all crazy being all "OMG bread!" and such. So we just sort of chucked the bread around the place. And one of the fish BIT MY BELLYBUTTON. The bastard. It was kinda cool though, I had a little ring on the side of my bellybutton, like a war scar. I kinda wish it was a scar though, that would be awesome. Firstly because how else does one get a circular scar on their bellybutton? And also because it would be an awesome story to tell. Killer fish maims my bellybutton. There is a slight scare, it's mainly just if my stomach is red there is a little circle of white. Pretty cool, aye?

Yeah, I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment